Email from President McKay Regarding Important Election Day Information
TO: University Park Undergraduate Students
FROM: Office of the UPUA President, on behalf of Zachary McKay
DATE: Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020
SUBJ: Important Election Day Information from the UPUA President
Today’s the day—it’s Election Day.
- Polls everywhere are open from 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- According to University policy, instructors should provide, within reason, the opportunity for you to make up work if you miss classes to participate in the election (be sure to make every reasonable effort to inform instructors as soon as possible if you will be absent for this reason)
- If you registered to vote using your dorm address, you will vote at the Bryce-Jordan Center (BJC)
- If you registered using an off-campus address, you can find your polling center HERE
- If you are voting for the first time, bring an ID with you to vote (student IDs are accepted)
- If you are in line by 8:00pm, you must be allowed to vote
- Wear a mask and warm clothing while waiting in line
- The UPUA will provide a bus to and from the BJC with pickups at the Thomas Building and across from Rec Hall, in addition to the regularly scheduled Campus Shuttle and Blue Loop
- Students can review the UPUA’s 2020 General Election Voter’s Guide HERE or by reading the document attached to this email
I encourage each and every one of you who can to get out to the polls and vote in this election. Our voices have a say in the future of this nation, and today is your last chance to have them heard in this year’s election.
See you at the polls. Let’s make today count.
For The Glory,
UPUA Student Body President
Penn State ’21