Executive Order Establishing the Seal of the President of the University Park Undergraduate Student Body
Executive Order 09
February 9th, 2021
ESTABLISHING THE SEAL OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNIVERSITY PARK UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT BODY
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution of the University Park Undergraduate Association, it is hereby ordered as follows:
Section 1. Purpose.
- Students elected to serve in the University Park Undergraduate Association (UPUA) as the President of the Undergraduate Student Body are tasked with the responsibility of representing and advocating on behalf of the entire Undergraduate Student Body at The Pennsylvania State University’s University Park campus, consisting of over 40,000 students, as its “primary speaker.”
- As such, the President of the Undergraduate Student Body often sends written correspondence and provides remarks to fellow student governments across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the Big Ten Conference, and the United States on behalf of the UPUA and their undergraduate peers.
- However, there is presently no universally-recognized seal designed to officiate this advocacy, regardless of medium, on behalf of the President of the Undergraduate Student Body and thus the University Park Undergraduate Student Body.
Sec 2. Creation and design.
- The Seal of the President of the University Park Undergraduate Student Body shall be of the following design:
- A blue field overlaid with letters reading “UPUA,” which are both white in color and slightly covered by an identically-colored and university-approved Nittany Lion image. In general, this shall refer to the UPUA logo designed under the Ford-Jordan Administration in 2016, albeit without its smaller accompanying text above and below the portion described above.
- Encircling this design shall be white stars arranged with one point of each star pointing directly away from the center, the number of stars being fifty-five (55) in recognition of the Pennsylvania State University’s founding as the Farmers’ High School of Pennsylvania in the fifty-fifth year of the 19th Century, 1855.
- The entire design shall be encircled by the words “Seal of the President of the Undergraduate Student Body.”
- These words must be used in tandem with a design explicitly tying them to the UPUA when representing the University Park Undergraduate Student Body President so as to ensure all due respect is paid to the Student Body Presidents of Penn State’s Commonwealth Campuses.
Sec 3. Implementation and proper use.
- The Seal shall be set as described herein and as illustrated in the appendix which accompanies this order and which is hereby made a part thereof.
- These designs shall be used to represent the President of the University Park Undergraduate Student Body exclusively.
- This order shall be recorded by the Department of Records and shall be published on the UPUA Website.
Sec 4. Special acknowledgments.
- Special acknowledgments are given to the following individuals for their contributions to this action for the betterment of student life at University Park:
- Gabby Ciraolo, Director of Graphic Design, Department of Outreach
314 HUB-ROBESON CENTER,
February 9, 2021.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 09