Executive Order Establishing the Seal of the Vice President of the University Park Undergraduate Student Body
Executive Order 10
February 9th, 2021
ESTABLISHING THE SEAL OF THE VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNIVERSITY PARK UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT BODY
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution of the University Park Undergraduate Association, it is hereby ordered as follows:
Section 1. Purpose.
- Students elected to serve in the University Park Undergraduate Association (UPUA) as the Vice President of the Undergraduate Student Body are tasked with assisting the President of the Undergraduate Student Body in leading the UPUA’s Executive Branch as and serving as the presiding officer in the General Assembly.
- As such, the Vice President of the Undergraduate Student Body often sends written correspondence and provides remarks to fellow student governments across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the Big Ten Conference, and the United States on behalf of the UPUA and their undergraduate peers in coordination with the President.
- However, there is presently no universally-recognized seal designed to officiate this advocacy, regardless of medium, on behalf of the Vice President of the Undergraduate Student Body.
Sec 2. Creation and design.
- The Seal of the Vice President of the University Park Undergraduate Student Body shall be of the following design:
- A white field overlaid with letters reading “UPUA,” which are both blue in color and slightly covered by an identically-colored and university-approved Nittany Lion image. In general, this shall refer to the UPUA logo designed under the Ford-Jordan Administration in 2016, albeit without its smaller accompanying text above and below the portion described above.
- Encircling this design shall be the words “Seal of the Vice President of the Undergraduate Student Body.”
- These words must be used in tandem with a design explicitly tying them to the UPUA when representing the University Park Undergraduate Student Body Vice President so as to ensure all due respect is paid to the Student Body Vice Presidents of Penn State’s Commonwealth Campuses.
Sec 3. Implementation and proper use.
- The Seal shall be set as described herein and as illustrated in the appendix which accompanies this order and which is hereby made a part thereof.
- The Seal shall be used to represent the Vice President of the University Park Undergraduate Student Body exclusively.
- This order shall be recorded by the Department of Records and shall be published on the UPUA Website.
Sec 4. Special acknowledgments.
- Special acknowledgments are given to the following individuals for their contributions to this action for the betterment of student life at University Park:
- Gabby Ciraolo, Director of Graphic Design, Department of Outreach
ZACHARY P. MCKAY
314 HUB-ROBESON CENTER,
February 9, 2021.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 10